Thursday, July 1, 2010

Orphan Trudgers

Taking a concept I got from the ABC's of Creative Pursuits, I decided to use remnants of sock yarn to make my grandson, Mason (aka Mayhem) a pair of socks. They are not at all practical since Mason eshews footwear of any kind whenever possible to go barefoot through the world, but they are, as my son would say, hella cute.



The "orphan" part of the name comes from the use of sock yarn remnants; the "trudgers" part of the name comes from my other blog, Trudger, meaning to walk with purpose.

The pattern is your basic sock pattern. I knit both socks at the same time on two size three cable needles, using the short row method for the heel. It's the first time I've used that method, and it was a bit tricky doing both socks at the same time, but it is doable. I like the way the heels look using the short row method and will probably use it again and, hopefully, get better at it.

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the picture, I thought perhaps the socks are intended for the ear?
    They are really cute. If not for feet or ears, just hang 'em high and admire them for decorations.

    ReplyDelete

Followers