Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I can only imagine ...

how huge I'd be if I didn't knit. Apparently, the Hippest, Old-Fashioned way to keep from overeating is to knit. Maybe if I could knit my jaw shut, it would prove to be true for me. Personally, I don't think you are an accomplished knitter until you've learned to purl and eat Cheetos at the same time. Yes, I am that good. And, yes, I am fond of orange yarn.

In other knitting news, Karen (aka "Meaner") and I (Linda, aka "Mean") finished making shawls from the free Lion Brand pattern, Spendid Triangle.



The pattern called for using Lion Brand Homespun yarn, which neither of us have had great experience knitting with. Karen used an alternative bulky weight yarn from Lion Brand (Jiffy), but wasn't pleased with the results. The pattern pops out with this yarn, but it isn't as soft and flexible as Homespun.

Meaner went with Homespun on her second attempt at this shawl. It is really lovely. If you use sharp pointed needles such as Denise or some other brand, it is much easier to knit Homespun. Forget about crocheting with that yarn, though. It's a biatch.

Here's Karen's second shawl in a beautiful green and then mine in variegated fall colors.





When Karen was trying to add some line to her Denise needles, she accidently pulled a large portion of the shawl off the line. This is her cussing and trying to fix her mess (hee hee) ~





Oh, and to leave you with a smile, here's a photo of my grandson, Mason, shaving with his "da dee." (When you maintain the blog, you get the privilege of occasional lapses into cuteness.)

1 comment:

  1. I love the shawls!! I love Cheetos!! I love the pic of your adorable Mason!! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete

Followers